Welcome to the PreK Home Page
On Tuesday, December 17, Lincoln Academy will host its annual information meeting. This is a great opportunity for you to come visit the school and meet the Kindergarten teachers. That meeting begins at 6:30 in the gym. If you know of anyone interested in our PreK program, we will also have information available on Tuesday, December 17th.
We have our Holiday Party on Thursday, December 19th from 10:15-11:15.
ALL students are to arrive at 9:00 and be picked up at 11:15! If you are helping or just want to be here for the party please arrive at 10:15 to help with the party.
Few reminders for the party:
- No snack needed
- Arrive at 9:00am (in the classroom)
- Pickup at 11:15 (in the STUDENT CENTER)
Remember to pass this information on to the people who drop off/pick up your student!
Number worksheet 1-5 and for a challenge 6-10 (Turn In)
We have been learning about counting, recognizing and writing numbers. This week for homework please sit with your child and have them circle the correct numeral on the worksheet. This worksheet is 2 sided for a challenge. Please make sure your child uses a pencil to write their name on BOTH sides of their worksheet. At this point in the year all students should be able to recognize numbers 1-5!
Homework- sight word review, finding sight word hunt
For homework this week, please help your student to review their sight words. These are the sight words we have learned: the, a, and, is, on, in, see, at, I.
How you review the sight words is up to you. Here are some creative ideas to try. The more ways you review with your student, the better.
- Using the sheet provided cut out each word and hide the words around the house. See how many your student can find throughout the day.
- Make a second sheet of the same words. Cut all the words out and play a memory game.
- Read a story together and see how many sight words your student can pick out. Use the blank table below to make a tally mark for each word they hear/see in the story. For example: