- Whole group instruction, Core Knowledge Sequence®, Saxon Math, phonics-based reading program, and required homework.
- Kindergarten and first grade each have 4 classes with 22 students
- Grades 2-6 each have 3 classes with 28 students
- Grades 7-8 each have about 84 students each that see subject content teachers.
- Most classes grades K-4 have one educational assistant in addition to the classroom teacher.
- Grades 5-6 shares 4 educational assistants.
- Grades 7-8 shares 4 educational assistants.
- All elementary classrooms and middle school core classes at LA are grade specific. In the middle school, elective classes contain students from multiple grades.
LA is only a "better" choice if you understand and support the philosophical direction of the program. LA presents the Core Knowledge Sequence® in a back-to-basics format (strong teacher direction) and emphasizes strong discipline in the classroom and school.