Children will be creating a simple machine in class the week of December 5th. Please begin collecting some of the following materials to be sent into class with your child on Monday, December 5th.
Plastic bottle caps
Cereal box/small cardboard box
Duct tape/Masking tape
Please send in materials ON: Monday, December 5th, 2021.
This Week in 2nd Grade:
This week we will:
- Write an acrostic poem.
Math Assessment: Thursday, December 1
- Creating and reading a bar graph and a Venn diagram.
- Ordering two digit numbers.
- Sums of 13 and 14.
- Making an organized list to solve a problem.
- Find the unknown addend.
This week, we will begin our unit on Simple Machines. The week of December 5th, students will be creating a compound machine in class and presenting it later in the week.
- Connect Elijah McCoy with early railroad efficiency and safety.
- Get a basic understanding of simple machines and how they work together to make a compound machine.
- Define and explain the terms force, motion, inclined plane and wedge.
- Define and explain the terms lever, wheel, and axle.
- Define and explain the terms pulley and screw.
Field Trip- Stock Show on January 13th
Field trip forms were sent home on Monday, November 14 and are due back on Tuesday, November 29.
For student safety, we are asking that only adults that are chosen as chaperones join us for the field trip. We appreciate your understanding. If you would like to join us, please check the box on your child's permission slip! A drawing will take place and your child's teacher will contact you if you are chosen.