Welcome to 4th Grade!
Some important items to know this week:
- Midterm grades for the second trimester are available to view
- Please go online to view your child's current grades at this time.
Field Trip Information
- Fourth Grade will be visiting the Museum of Nature and Science on January 30 for a field trip.
- Chaperones need to be at Lincoln by 9:00 and will return to Lincoln by 1:45.
- The science fair will be held in February and is a requirement for fourth graders.
- The project plan form is due by January 24 for approval.
- Please see the information below and in the section "This Week in Fourth Grade"for more information and due dates.
Late Work / Corrections Policy
- We have started the second trimester. Fourth grade's correction and late policy has changed. Please look through Monday Folders with your child for any papers that need corrections. Please refer to the updated policy below.
If you are looking for a new and exciting way to student spelling words with your child, here are some suggestions:
- Fill a pan with sand, uncooked rice, uncooked beans, flour, sugar, salt, or shaving cream and spell the words using your finger.
- Make up a song or saying for an especially challenging word.
- Play Hangman.
- Rainbow write the words.
- Make flash cards with the spelling words on index cards. Then flip all the cards over and play the memory game.
- Use magnetic letters, or alphabet blocks, or scrabble tiles to spell out the words.
- Make a "cootie catcher" using the spelling words.
- Write the words outside with chalk.
- Form letters with play dough, pipe cleaners, legos, toothpicks, or string.
- Throw the ball with a partner and spell out the next letter in the word every time you catch the ball.
- Finger paint the words.
- Repeat the word out loud, then spell the word out loud. Then, look up and watch yourself write the word in the air using your finger: say the letter as you write it. Then write the word down on the whiteboard/piece of paper.