Committees of the Lincoln Academy Board of Directors
The LA Board of Directors has standing committees, which advise the board in fulfilling its duties and report to the board at monthly board meetings. Each committee is chaired by a board member but then made up of members of the Lincoln Academy community. If you are interested in helping or would like more information, please contact the chairman of the committee or any board member.
School Accountability Committee or SAC (Chairman, Sarah Wasinger - email@example.com)
- This is a state-mandated committee that every public school must have in place.
- Meets at least 4 times/year and works to determine whether decisions affecting the educational processes of our school are advancing or impeding student achievement. Reports to students, parents, boards of education, educators, and the community on the educational performance of the school and provides data for the appraisal of such performance through the LA board of directors.
- Specific tasks:
- Monitors and reports changes to the school’s Unified Improvement Plan (UIP), which must be reported to the district by December of each year.
- Conducts the annual parent and staff surveys (familiarity with SurveyMonkey or other online survey tool is helpful)
- Communicates closely with school administration about district, state and federal testing and reporting data
- Formulating a school “dashboard” for monitoring school-wide data
- Preferably, members should enjoy data analysis
- Diversity and Inclusion Sub-committee
- The Diversity Committee will be meeting the third Tuesday of the month in the 2019-2020 school year. We will hold a meeting in July but not August and resume in September.
- “Breaking down barriers for every student”
The diversity committee’s mission is to make recommendations regarding race, religion, gender, socio-economics, family structure and disability to the Lincoln Academy administration in order to:
--foster appreciation and understanding of each individual
--encourage dialogue between teachers and students about their needs, and between parents and staff to promote inclusion
--improve relationships between all students
Finance Committee (Chairman, Nathan Alley - firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Works with Business Manager (Cindie Poulter) and Principal (Janelle Johnson) in planning and monitoring the school budget and finances.
- Experience in accounting or finance highly desirable.
Monitors, reviews and updates (as needed) school and board policies, bylaws and other governing documents.
Facilities Committee (Chairman, Lori Woods - email@example.com)
- Works with the facilities manager and staff to maintain the school grounds and buildings.
- Experience in construction, landscaping, HVAC systems, or plumbing highly desirable.