Lincoln Academy Board of Directors
November Meeting Highlights
Board meeting “highlights” are posted to communicate most recent Board happenings. Documents and committee reports submitted for the November Board meeting can be viewed under the November meeting heading of the 2018-2019 Board Meetings section of the Board of Directors tab of the school web site. Approved minutes from the regular October meeting can be viewed there as well. Only approved meeting minutes may be posted.
Directors Present: Phil Courtney, Nina Sloan, Lori Woods, Janelle Johnson, Sarah Wasinger, Nathan Alley, Dan Burrows, and Bernie Templeton.
LA Staff Members Present: Cindie Poulter (Business Manager), Jennifer Frost (3rd Grade)
- 3rd Grade Teacher, Jennifer Frost had two of her students give a presentation on their animal projects from their Core Knowledge unit.
- Principal Johnson presented her report, as posted online. She gave a brief review of the teacher evaluation process, showing significant growth in teacher efficacy.
- Mrs. Johnson also gave an overview of the successful Middle School math competition that several Lincoln students attended last week, stating it was an excellent academic experience for our students.
- Board Treasurer, Nathan Alley reviewed financial reports, as posted online, reporting that Lincoln Academy is currently on budget with no major concerns at this time.
- Nathan briefly explained important intricacies of the 2017-2018 audit (also posted), highlighting that Lincoln Academy is healthy and continues to improve.
- Facilities Chair, Lori Woods briefly reviewed the details of a meeting with the City of Arvada regarding the widening of 72nd Ave. The complete Facilities Committee report can be read online.
- SAC Chair, Sarah Wasinger gave an overview of the new SAC Diversity and Inclusion sub-committee. The complete SAC Committee report can be read online.
- The posted Development Committee report can be read online.
- The posted Compensation Committee report can be read online.
- Adjourning to executive session, the Board conducted a mid-term Principal Evaluation for Mrs. Johnson.
November Board Meeting Motions:
Motion 10-11-2018 – Charge to Facilities Committee to engage owner representation with regard to the widening of 72nd Ave. (passed)
Motion 07-10-2018 – Move to Executive Session for the Purpose of Principal Evaluation (passed)
Motion 08-10-2018 – Motion to Table – Strategic Plan (passed)
We invite all families to attend our next regular Board meeting
Monday, December 10th, 2018
6:30 pm in the Student Center