Lincoln Academy Board of Directors October Meeting Highlights:
Board meeting “highlights” are posted to communicate most recent Board happenings. Documents and committee reports submitted for the October Board meeting can be viewed under the October meeting heading of the 2017 - 2018 Board Meetings section of the Board of Directors tab of the school website. Approved minutes from the regular September meeting can be viewed there as well. Only approved meeting minutes may be posted.
- Miss Horn gave a presentation showing how she integrates Core Knowledge curriculum into her art and music classes. She gave a demonstration of her new document camera and how it is being used. She highlighted multiple art projects such as eye of god weavings and white charcoal origami drawings. She spoke of a dance program she is using in her music classes which promotes music and overall coordination.
- PTO President, Danielle Cornejo presented a PTO update naming her newly elected board and reviewing past year successes, which include the following: the marquis signs, document cameras in the classrooms, new sound system in the gym, assemblies, and confidential benevolence to families in need.
- Principal Janelle Johnson reviewed her monthly report (posted to web site). She gave an educational segment about this history of Core Knowledge and its founder ED Hirsch. She reviewed MAP test results from the Fall of 2017 showing high student growth. She also reviewed her personal principal goals for the 17/18 school year.
- Financial Secretary, Cindie Poulter reviewed the current 17/18 financials (posted to web site) as being on target.
- The Board finalized and adopted its Strategic Plan for the 17/18 school year. This plan can be viewed from the Board web site.
We invite all families to attend our next regular Board meeting on Monday, November 13th, 2017, at 6:30 pm in the Student Center.