Positions Available at Lincoln Academy
Educational AssistantsThis position is a teaching support role that is between four and five hours each teaching day (K-1 classes have 5 hours and 3-5th grade have 4). Scheduling is determined by teacher need but typically includes the middle of the day for student lunch and recess supervision. We begin our educational assistant pay scale at $9.32 an hour with pay increasing according to classroom experience.
- Supporting a positive, safe and nurturing environment for students
- Working with small groups of students to reinforce instruction in and out of the classroom
- Grading non-subjective papers.
- Monitoring student behavior in the classroom and other areas of the school
- Monitoring student behavior on the playground during lunch and recess.
- Performing clerical duties such as typing, filing, and ordering copies and supplies.
- Administering or assist with tests.
- Preparing instructional artwork, such as posters, bulletin boards, displays, charts, and visual aids.
- Assisting on field trips
- Providing coverage for other assistants when feasible.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- A high school diploma or G.E D. is required for this position.
- Previous experience in a school setting preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EQUIPMENT
This position requires basic language, math, and writing skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills. Knowledge of general office equipment, such as computers is preferred but not required.How to Apply:To apply for an Educational Assistant position for next school year, please submit the