Frequently Asked Questions
- When did LA begin?
LA began in 1997 with one class each of K-6. Our seventh and eighth
grade classes were added in 2006 and 2007 respectively. In June of
2013 LA purchased the present site which we currently occupy.
- What are some highlights of the Lincoln Academy program? Whole group instruction, Core Knowledge Sequence®, Saxon Math, phonics based reading program, and required homework.
- What are our class sizes?
- Kindergarten and first grade each have 4 classes with 22 students
- Grades 2-6 each have 3 classes with 28 students
- Grades 7-8 each have about 60 students that see subject content teachers.
- All classes grades K-5 have one teacher and one educational assistant.
- Sixth grade shares 1 educational assistant. Middle school (Grades 7-8) shares 2 educational assistants.
elementary classrooms and middle school core classes at LA are grade
specific. In the middle school, elective classes contain students from
- What makes LA a better choice?
LA is only a "better" choice if you understand and support the
philosophical direction of the program. LA presents the Core Knowledge
Sequence® in a back-to-basics format (strong teacher direction) and
emphasizes strong discipline in the classroom and school.