Frequently Asked Questions
When did LA begin?
- LA began in 1997 with one class each of K-6. Our seventh and eighth-grade classes were added in 2006 and 2007 respectively. In June of 2013 LA purchased the present site which we currently occupy.
What are some highlights of the Lincoln Academy program?
- Whole group instruction, Core Knowledge Sequence®, Saxon Math, phonics-based reading program, and required homework.
What are our class sizes?
- Kindergarten and first grade each have 4 classes with 22 students
- Grades 2-6 each have 3 classes with 28 students
- Grades 7-8 each have about 84 students each that see subject content teachers.
- Most classes grades K-4 have one educational assistant in addition to the classroom teacher.
- Grades 5-6 shares 4 educational assistants.
- Grades 7-8 shares 4 educational assistants.
- All elementary classrooms and middle school core classes at LA are grade specific. In the middle school, elective classes contain students from multiple grades.
What makes LA a better choice?
- LA is only a "better" choice if you understand and support the philosophical direction of the program. LA presents the Core Knowledge Sequence® in a back-to-basics format (strong teacher direction) and emphasizes strong discipline in the classroom and school.