Welcome to 3rd Grade!
Grandparent's Day is coming!
Be sure to mark your calendars now for September 27th! This is our special morning to honor grandparents! It would be great if each child could have a grandparent or special relative or friend come to visit our classroom. We will be writing stories about a special grandparent, so please let your child know which grandparent may be visiting. If they are not able to visit, your child can still write a story and then send it to them later! The morning events will take place from 7:45am to 12:00pm.
Reading logs to begin!
The 3rd grade the requirement is to read 65 minutes a week. The students have a choice as to which type of activity they want to do on the back. They only need to choose one of the activities per week. Reading logs are due on TUESDAY and are part of their reading grade. Please be sure they are SIGNED with a parent signature! Thanks for helping your child enjoy and be successful at reading this year!
Please submit permission for your child to use technology in the link below so your child will be able to participate in using technology throughout the year.
How to help your child succeed:
- Make sure they have a healthy snack & water bottle
- Read every night 10-15 minutes
- Reading logs due September 10th.
- Study for spelling test on Tuesday
- Check math homework each night
- Return Monday folder on Tuesday
- Submit Tech agreement online....see link
- Sign student's planner and check for homework every night
- Read over Core study guides a little each evening
- Tell your child who will be coming to Grandparent's Day