Here are the highlights from our May meeting:
- Board meeting “highlights” are posted to communicate most recent Board happenings. Documents and committee reports submitted for the May Board meeting can be viewed under the May meeting heading of the 2016-2017 Board Meetings section of the Board of Directors tab of the school website. Approved minutes from the regular April meeting can be viewed. Only approved meeting minutes may be posted.
- Nina Sloan addressed the Board to thank Doug Neely and Kristi Geisz for their years of service on the Board of Directors.
- The Board enjoyed hearing a presentation by officers of the Lincoln Academy National Honor Society.
- In her Principal’s Report, Mrs. Johnson reported on hiring and staff changes, enrollment numbers, suspension data and results of a staff survey asking, “If there was an Extra $100,000 how would you spend it?”
- Mrs. Johnson also reported that Middle School English Teacher, Matt Spahn, was recognized as one of Jeffco’s February Talented Teachers for his excellence in helping our students to embrace “Content Mastery”.
- The Board approved a new Fundraising Policy as follows: To facilitate coordination of fundraising at Lincoln Academy, all fundraisers should be approved and placed into the calendar by the school administration as delegated by the principal. The Board also establishes the following key points:
- No fundraising is mandatory for any student a Lincoln Academy.
- We must avoid solicitation of Lincoln families for fundraisers that do not serve Lincoln’s educational mission.
- The Finance Committee reported that current financials are on track. Although the budget shows a deficit resulting from the modular building project, funds purposely set aside to defray costs of the project were used to offset the deficit.
- The Board approved the 2017-18 budget.
- The Governance Committee was pleased to report that Sarah Wasinger and Lori Woods have been elected as full members of the Board. Congratulations!
- The Board reviewed entries and selected 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for the Lincoln Academy 20th Anniversary Graphic Contest.
- The Development Committee reported that they will begin working on a communication plan. Organization of the Tech Trek and collaboration with the science fair for next year have also begun.
- The Facilities Committee reported that many positive comments have been received about patching of the asphalt.
- The SAC committee is looking for volunteers for the New Family Mentor Program (formerly the Parent Partner Program). Anyone willing to help welcome and orient new families to Lincoln Academy should contact email@example.com
- The Board approved a new enrollment policy.
- The Board appointed officers for the 2017-18 school year as follows:
- President: Phil Courtney
- Treasurer: Jeff Baucum
- The Board approved the yearly charter amendment with the district. This is a requirement every year for charter schools to continue their charters.
- Using market comparisons with other charter schools in the area as the primary consideration, the Board voted to adjust Mrs. Johnson’s salary.
We invite all families to attend our next regular Board meeting on Monday, June 12th, 2017, at 6:30 pm in the Student Center.