Lincoln Academy Board of Directors
January Meeting Highlights
Board meeting “highlights” are posted to communicate most recent Board happenings. Documents and committee reports submitted for the January Board meeting can be viewed under the January meeting heading of the 2018-2019 Board Meetings section of the Board of Directors tab of the school web site. Approved minutes from the regular December meeting can be viewed there as well. Only approved meeting minutes may be posted.
Directors Present: Phil Courtney, Nina Sloan, Lori Woods, Janelle Johnson, Sarah Wasinger, Nathan Alley, and Bernie Templeton.
LA Staff Members Present: Cindie Poulter (Business Manager), Barbara Robinson (Pre-K Director)
- Pre-K Director, Barbara Robinson gave an update on the Pre-K program, reporting the successes experienced from adding spots to the morning classrooms and with staff additions. She gave an overview of the open enrollment process stating that they chose not to use the district process this year and will instead process applications internally on a first come, first served basis. She welcomed any opportunity to get the word out.
- SAC Chairwoman, Sarah Wasinger reviewed the upcoming Parent Survey as well as a draft of the Staff Principal Review, both to be sent out in February. The full SAC committee report can be found online.
- Principal Johnson presented her report, as posted online, highlighting the upcoming open enrollment process and giving more detail to the passing of the 5A and 5b ballot measures. The full report can be found here.
- Board Treasurer, Nathan Alley reviewed financial reports, as posted online, reporting that Lincoln Academy is currently on budget with no major concerns at this time.
- The Board voted to move the Board of Directors posting location from the front lobby to its web page on the Lincoln Academy web site.
January Board Meeting Motions:
Motion 15-1-2019 – Board Meeting Posting Location