- Student continue their study of Westward Expansion this week.
- This test will be on Thursday, March 21.
Race to Read Packets
- The Race to Read Program will start March 25 and runs through May 3.
- This program will take the place of reading logs and is lot of fun for students to participate.
- Please look in Monday folders for the packet directions and the first two sheets.
- Any reading your child does over spring break can count towards reading minutes on these sheets.
- All sheets must be turned in with your child's name (first and last), teacher name/grade, and a parent signature.
- Each time students read a set amount of time (15 minutes for 1st grade), your child can color one part of the sheet.
- Sheets can be turned in as you child finishes the reading the amount of minutes for the whole sheet.
- Additional sheets can be accessed below.
Change in Decodable Book Bags
- There will be no more decodable book bags coming home this year.
- There will be one longer, review decodable sent home each week. This is yours to keep.
- Please use this to practice reading fluency and accuracy with your child.
- Please return all past decodable book bags that you may have at home.
Change in Math Tests
- In preparation for second grade, first graders will begin reading math tests by themselves this week.
- Students are still encouraged to ask for help with words when needed and to read tests carefully.
- To prepare for this transition, have your child begin/continue reading homework pages by themselves.
- Encourage your child to read homework aloud, paying attention to all the words/directions for each problem.
Sight Word and Spelling Tests
- This is the final week of sight word homework.
- Spelling homework and tests will begin after spring break.
- Reading logs will come home this week and are due Friday.
- Race to Read sheets will replace reading logs from March 25 - May 3.
Pick Up Reminders
Please follow the directions of staff members during drop off and pick up
Please cross at crosswalks for your safety
Do not get out of your vehicle in the drop-off/pick up line
Please pull as far forward as possible during both drop off & pick up
No cell phone usage in our driveway
Please use the following staggered pick-up times to help alleviate traffic congestion during the afternoons. Use the first letter of the student's last name.
Middle School 3:30
- Please create a sign that can be displayed in your window that has your student's first and last name, grade, and teacher. Click below for an example:
- Reading logs will be in Monday folders.
- Please complete the 50 minutes of reading throughout the week. This can be a combination of you reading to your child if they aren't reading independently.
- Please be sure to have your child complete the back of these reading logs as well. See the directions below.