- Lincoln Academy's Science Fair is on Wednesday, February 27.
- This is optional for first graders but is a great opportunity for students who want to participate.
- Please click below to access the science fair packet and more due dates and details.
- All topic forms are due by Friday, January 18.
- The first graders will begin the study of the American Revolution.
- The test for the first part of this unit will be Thursday, January 17.
- Please use the study guide and map to study this information.
Invention Supplies Needed
- First grade is in need of supplies to use for inventions.
- If you have any supplies at home (toilet/paper towel rolls, Styrofoam cups, tissue/shoe boxes, pipe cleaners, beads, paper clips, or any crafty supplies that could be used to invent something.
- Please send items in by Wednesday, January 16.
- Please do not go out and buy any items.
Sight Words, Reading Logs, and Decodable Book Bags
- There will be sight word homework this week due Friday
- A new reading log will come home and are due on Tuesday next week.
- Decodable Book bags are due on Tuesday.
- Please return all past decodable book bags that you may have at home.
Math Facts Homework
- Continue to review math fact with your child as they complete the fact homework.
- Facts will be assessed each week, along with a written assessment over other math skills.
- All facts can be found under the math section of the "This week in first grade" section of the web page.
Pick Up Reminders
Please follow the directions of staff members during drop off and pick up
Please cross at crosswalks for your safety
Do not get out of your vehicle in the drop-off/pick up line
Please pull as far forward as possible during both drop off & pick up
No cell phone usage in our driveway
Please use the following staggered pick-up times to help alleviate traffic congestion during the afternoons. Use the first letter of the student's last name.
Middle School 3:30
- Please create a sign that can be displayed in your window that has your student's first and last name, grade, and teacher. Click below for an example:
- Reading logs will be in Monday folders.
- Please complete the 50 minutes of reading throughout the week. This can be a combination of you reading to your child if they aren't reading independently.
- Please be sure to have your child complete the back of these reading logs as well. See the directions below.